Sunday, February 28, 2016

SIM card from G Pad X8.3 on Note II

Hi,

I retired the Verizon Note II a couple of years ago. I bought a Verizon LG G Pad™ X8.3 tablet this last christmas. It has a 4G LTE sim card and of course data works fine on the tablet on a current data sharing plan.

But I wanted to let my daughter have the Note II with data capability so she can text and call with Hangouts.

So I pulled the sim card out of LG pad, stuck it into Note II But it's not recognized, I guess, because I get the exclamation mark by the network bars icon and "4G LTE" never appears and nothing that needs internet access works.

Is it the ROM, or is it that you just can't stick a SIM card from a tablet into a Note II and expect data to work?

The Note II is on a CM rom that's 5.1.1. I can't look at it right now. I'll post later in case the rom makes a difference.

Thank you!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/214Bsm0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment