Sunday, February 28, 2016

Moto X Play (16 GB) with 11 GB and 10.89 GB internal storage?

First time when I've ordered Moto X Play (XT1562) with 16 GB of internal storage, it did show 11 GB of available storage. However, due to display defect, I had to return it and get an replacement which has 10.89 GB of available storage.

I've received the replacement before sending the actual defective one. I've tried to check what's different, but I couldn't find anything else except for storage availability difference. Both were Lollipop 5.1.1 with identical kernel and firmware version (both were "reteu" and single SIM). As I didn't know about accessing recovery mode before returning the defective one, I don't know was there any difference in recovery information.

Performance seems to be identical, both were still causing identical lags. Even after upgrading to marshmallow with my current replacement, it's still stuttering while scrolling. It still doesn't feel fully optimized.

I didn't post this before as I thought that this wasn't a big deal, but I want to know what was the difference between storage availability. Does anyone have Moto X Play with 11 GB of available storage? I saw some people having 10.89 GB, but no one having 11 GB. Please check size of your available internal memory storage and give some details if possible. Along with that, vote if you have 16 GB model (If you have 32 GB, don't vote for other value).

What happened to 0.11 GB of storage? Is it anyhow possible to get it back?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Loiqp3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment