Monday, February 29, 2016

Official ROM (5.0.2) update, release notes / fixes?

Today my D405n updated from D405n20a to D405n20c (notice the change from ~a to ~c). The Android version remained 5.0.2, so I guess it's a rather minor update. Software version is now V20c-EUR-XX, not sure what is was before.

The first attempt (via FOTA update) failed, because it claimed (incorrectly) that my device was rooted. The LGMobileSupportTool had no such problems, all it needed was for me to free up a sizeable chunk of RAM (almost 1 GB...). Other than that, it updated flawlessly, without any issues or warnings. So far I have not noticed any differences in appearance or functionality.

What surprised me, however, was the fact that this update is mentioned absolutely nowhere: not on the LG support page, not even on this forum. I don't know when this update was released. Anybody any idea what this update actually accomplishes?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XWdvNL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment