Sunday, February 28, 2016

Questions before purchasing K1...

1. The only reason I'm considering a new device at all is for Vainglory. The Nexus 6p has some SERIOUS I/O issues, causing Vainglory to take 20+ minutes to install additional assets every time it updates, as well as extremely long loading times within the game. This I/O issue is also apparent in other circumstances, for example it can take several minutes to unzip file only a few MB in size, and gallery apps take 5+ seconds to refresh.

This is typical with some Android devices I've had in the past with severe bottlenecks. Does the Shield K1 exhibit any of these I/O issues, especially in terms of Vainglory?

2. I'd rather have the Nexus 9, but it costs more. Out of the box, without additional hacking, will I be able to completely uninstall or at least disable every last preinstalled bloat app (e.g. any app you wouldn't find preinstalled on a Nexus device)?

3. I've heard negative things about the battery life. Is it really so bad? Vainglory is far and away the most network intensive and graphically demanding app I'll use, and it consumes about 8% per 25 minute match on the Nexus 6p, iPad mini 2, and Tab S2 8.0. Can I expect 8% per 25 minute match on the Shield K1 as well? How about things like browsing Relay for Reddit and Chrome at, say, 50% brightness?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/214BryI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment