Monday, February 29, 2016

No wipe data/factory reset option in AT&T bootloader.

My sister forgot his unlock pattern on her Asus Zenfone (Z00A) from AT&T so I went straight into the recovery mode and for my surprise none of the options to wipe cache or data was available, the only ones available are:
  • reboot system now.
  • apply update from ADB
  • apply update from micro SD

And YES i know how to go into recovery options correctly, i've done this too many times but this is my first time in this case, I suppose it's due to the AT&T bootloader.

Taking it to AT&T is not an option since I live in Mexico, if anyone knows how to hard reset the phone or at least the pattern please help me!

USB debugger options are not activated and I was thinking of flashing a ROM downloaded from the asus website but I don't know if it will brick the phone since the SKU is not the same (My phone is from US and the firmwares are WorldWide)

Please help!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LrrUzT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment