Sunday, February 28, 2016

[Drivers/Hardware repair] Home Button (including Fingerprint Sensor) completely dead

Hey guys,

I know there are threads like this all over this forum, but as I tried everything that was described in different threads and nothing worked, i just made up a new one... sorry for that.

Some days ago my home button just stopped working for no reason. I was at the latest CyanPop nightly and apart from scanning FP, everything worked fine. The FP-Error is known to CM13 because of the drivers etc so i was aware of that.. I was getting home from work when suddenly my home-button stopped working for no reason. I thought it might be due to the custom rom etc, so i went back to OxygenOS 2.2.0 but it still didn't work out.

What I tried for now:
  • full wipe
  • flashing Oxygen OS 2.0.2 and 2.0.3
  • installing stock modem, firmware, kernel rom and recovery
  • as OP support told me: unhide Google Search Bar
  • hard reboot (holding powerbutton until it reboots)

I still don't know if it's a hardware related error, but I really hope it's not. I bought my OP2 in the official OnePlus Store in Beijing when I was on holiday in China. I already got in contact with the OnePlus support, but they said there is no warranty for the OnePlus Two China Edition (can anyone confirm that..?), so i don't think they're not going to repair it, not even if i pay for it.

So, does anyone know what else I could try (software AND hardware related!)? Is there a way to buy a new FP-Sensor/Home-Button and replace it manually? Every smartphone-repair-store in my area told me that they don't have spare parts for OnePlus devices...

I really hope someone can help me with this!

Thanks in advance,
Neo


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1KVEBml
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment