Sunday, February 28, 2016

Fire TV 1st gen with Software Version 51.1.4.0 - what to do? (Update or not?)

Hey all,

I own a FireTV 1st Gen with Software Version 51.1.4.0 which is not rootable but can be bootloader unlocked (if it was rooted).

I also own a FireTV Stick which is upgraded to 5.0.5 and rooted with kingroot.

I need some advice what to do with the 1st gen FireTV - I could update it to 5.0.5 and root with kingroot, but then it would also update the bootloader to be not unlockable, right?!

I also have that eMMC Adapter but couldnt bring myself to attempt to do the soldering root method - but actually that would be best or? Then I could unlock the bootloader, and install custom recovery..

Or might there become a way available to have custom recovery on the 5.0.5 version without prior bootloader unlock?

Halp please!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1oR5T3u
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment