Monday, August 29, 2016

docooler M9S-Pro

My M9S-Pro finally arrived. It's a modest AmLogic S905 chip with a Mali-450, notably only because it has Ethernet, three USB ports, 3 GB of RAM and a 32 GB ROM.

My kids use the Nexus Player as a gaming device, but I am constantly running out of space even with Marshmallow's USB space reallocation (which does not work perfectly by any means). I bought this hoping to replace the Nexus Player which only has 8GB (+ whatever Marshmallow offers, and whatever some apps will allow transfer to external storage).

Right off the bat, it boots quickly and is stable. It included Kodi, some generic TV streamer with pay TV streams in foreign languages, a file manager, Antutu, various video players, and Netflix. The USB port puts out enough current to power an external 2.5" HDD.

Antutu score is 31,300 if that matters to you.

I found a version of TWRP that worked great and I rooted this by flashing the same beta-SuperSU as I used on my Nexus Player.

It uses an IR remote with shortcuts to different apps and a mouse function. It's slow but usable. I use it with an airmouse with a better experience.

I am running HAL Launcher which is just about the best experience you can hope for with a Chinese box. I also added the keylist for the Bluetooth controllers from the OUYA that I had years ago, and my kids use it for a gaming box.

It's a good value for me, but if you use Android TV boxes for streaming only you don't need the space and should probably get a cheaper box - maybe one running 6.0+ so it supports the latest version of Kodi.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bMGYMU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment