Tuesday, August 30, 2016

need some Help with GT-S5830 regarding changing the theme

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum so excuse me if this isn't the right section to post my problem.

so I tried to change the theme of my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 after I install a custom ROM in it, so I installed ROM toolbox Lite and I tried to change the phone's theme from there but it didn't work, after that I searched for some apps (I thought that my phone needed those apps to apply the themes from ROM Toolbox Lite) apps like : Theme chooser ,Theme changer, Theme manager and I kept rebooting each time I installed a theme thinking that what must be done so my phone can load it. but nothing changed, so after some searching on google I found a topic in this forum that has some APK files to choose from to change the phone's theme and it must replace Touchwiz30.apk in the System/app directory and give it the permission to write , read and read but I didn't find it with that exact name ,in my case it was called TouchSpaceWiz50.apk so I deleted it and went and tried to replace it with the one I've downloaded except I couldn't give it the permission and I got an error message that says I can't change some system files permissions.

so I ended up without the file TouchSpaceWiz50.apk in my System/app directory not to mention that I wasn't able to go to the home screen.
so I turned off the phone and on again only to find out that the phone is frozen on the boot animation screen, it doesn't keep rebooting just stuck at the boot animation that keeps playing.
I was able to fix this problem by re-installing the custom ROM from my SD-Card. but the main questions is why I wasn't able to change the theme via ROM Toolbox Lite when I have a custom Rom that includes ThemeChooser? and why the other apps didn't work as well? and is there another way to install themes? because I wasn't able to find any. and thanks in advance. :)
I am sorry if my post is so long I just wanted to explain what happened in details.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bQ2QoZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment