Tuesday, August 30, 2016

[Question] Best Practise to make a profile based on more than one variable state?

I would like to change my audio profiles based on different situations:

Audioprofile Normal
Normal audiosettings at daytime, when car is not connected and no meeting in calendar.

Audioprofile Night.
Silent audiosettings at nighttime, but only when I'm at home and car is not connected.

Audioprofile Car
Audioprofile in car when connected to bluetooth. Overwrites every other audioprofile.

Audioprofile Silent
Audioprofiles for meetings and special locations.

Every state has his own variable, like the daytime, the bluetooth connection, my location etc..
So I tought I could combine the variable states in a profile with "Variable Value" and the operator AND:

"Audio@Meeting"
Variable Value
%Day=1
AND
%Meeting=1
AND
%Car=0
Enter Task=Audioprofile Silent

But I read this in the Tasker Wiki:

...
Warning: if you want to trigger on a variable and then take some action which sets the thing the variable represents you should use the Variable Set event instead. A Variable Value state will cause complications when the state exits and tries to restore the value again.
...


With "Variable Set" I can only query the value of one variable. That's not enough for my profiles.
How could I do this? Is the warning still valid?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bQ21fE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment