Tuesday, August 30, 2016

archos 50C helium, 50 Diamond, L-ite 500 no more GPS since play store updated 6.8.22

Hi all,
I also have "No" GPS problem when Play store is updated (my smartphone an archos helium, and the issue concern 50 Diamond, L-ite 500 (all on android 4.4.4)).

After spending over a month with factory reset / reinstalls to try to get the GPS working, I finally did a minimal install of just the basic apps I needed by downloading & installing apk's directly, and more importantly deactivated all the apps I did not need including Google Play Store and Google Play services.
GPS gets a fix and works perfectly, even inside building. I've been using this configuration for about 2 weeks to today.

Today, I enabled Google Play Services and Google Play Store (which auto updated itself to 6.9. .... when I tapped on the version number which was 4.8.... in settings), .... and when I switched on the GPS (Location) ..... the issue was back => NO GPS FIX.

Disabling Google Play Services and Google Play Store ... and GPS works perfectly again gets a fix in a few seconds.

Whatever Google has done has generated a major GPS problem for users - Google should provide a fix immediately to users or restore their apk versions to the last correctly functioning versions.

this issue is posed on google's dev's forum for 1 mounth but it seem there is not enought vote to make google work on this issue, or nless to restore to previous version. this is very embarassing because I have bought a new smartphone for nothing (the older was not broken at all) and I am not alone to do that.
http://ift.tt/2bzR5zh

cheers.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bzEpgG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment