Monday, September 26, 2016

cracked screen; all replacement shops are quoting more than the phone is worth...

I cracked the screen on my Nexus 6, however the LCD and digitizer still work fine. Every replacement shop I have spoken with in NYC is quoting me $220-250 US to replace the entire LCD / glass screen together and won't remove and replace the glass screen alone. I paid $250 CDN ($180 US) for this phone, so spending that much on a screen replacement isn't worth it to me.

What alternatives do I have? How difficult is replacing the glass screen alone? I know its bonded to the LCD, but is it worth while to try and repair? Can anyone suggest a shop that does glass screen replacement alone in NYC?

Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dxjfjT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment