Thursday, May 12, 2016

How Do I edit RTM fields and change my MDN on my Galaxy Grand Prime G530P

I want to at minimum, Put my MDN and MEID in this phone to work on my Virgin talk and text plan. Two years ago, when I was tired of the quality of the original phone supplied with my plan and seeing my HTC EVO 4G sitting around collecting dust, managed to get the EVO to work on my talk and text plan. It didn't seam all that difficult. I wasn't able to read any of the info of my phone originally supplied with my account since I could not find a driver for it to read it in DFS or QPST. I was fine with just the talk and text working even though I could not send or receive group texts and had to be near WiFi to get any data. I purchased this Grand Prime on eBay thinking it would be as easy and straight forward to get on my account. So far its been an aggravating nightmare

Thus far I have:
1. Rooted it via the CF method and installed SuperSU

Problem I am having:
I can't seam to get the phone to be read in DFS, EFS or QPST.
DFS opens the port but gets eternally stuck on 'Searching Device".
EFS Connects and then imediately disconnects.
QPST Can't seam to see the port that the device is on

I have tried:
##3282# and turned USB Charging 'OFF'
##3424# and tried both 'CDMA/Modem and 'PDA' mosed both set to Dm + MODEM + ADB
##786# only brigs up the RTM menu with View and Reset options but no Edit and thus no way to edit the fields.

I have scoured countless forums for weeks for info regarding this phone and Flashing it and are surprised at the lack of info available.I have spent probably spent close to 200 hours trying to figure this out and on my last fraid nerve, so any help would be MUCH, and GREATLY appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1T9dRwV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment