Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Signature verification failed - Samsung Tab 4 - SM-T230NU

Hello,

Issue:
I receive a "Footer is wrong and Signature Verification failed" error when installing a Cross Compiled kernel through "adb sidechannel"

Question/help:
How do I properly install the newly cross compiled kernel on my rooted Samsung Tab 4 - SM-T230NU. I am stuck at this point. A step by step guide is GREATLY appreciated.

What I have done so far:
1. Downloaded what I hope is the right kernel from opensource.samsung.com
2. Cross compiled the kernel using toolchains recommended in the README file. I Cross Compiled on an Ubuntu system
3. I then downloaded AnyKernel and placed the zImage and a wifi kernel module in the appropriate location in the AnyKernel.zip file using "Archive Manager"
4. I received my error after I uploaded the AnyKernel.zip using adb sidechannel. Error was "Footer is wrong and Signature Verification failed"

Steps I have taken to troubleshoot or workaround thus far:
1. Install ClockWorkMod Recovery from the PlayStore but it does not support my tablet.
2. Reinstall AnyKernel and try again but it fails
3. tried AnyKernel2 but that fails as well.
4. Some tutorials teach the manual way (without Anykernel) but they all instruct one to get the boot.img. I could not locate the boot.img file so I got stuck.

Can you please provide some guidance?

Thank you,


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TVKT6d
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment