Friday, May 27, 2016

Manufacturing Issues

Hi friends. New to XDA. I already went through the color-uniformity threads. Even though my thread is related to that what I want to talk about isn't the same.

Unfortunately as bunch of Galaxy S7 users have I'm also having the color-uniformity issue. This is my 2nd device after replacement actually. 1st had much worse screen. I compared mine with my father's and my couple of friend's S7 of same model. I understood that my mind wasn't making up the issue but one of my friend have the same issue but in different parts of the display.

The interesting fact that I found out was that his and mine(1st & 2nd devices) is manufactured at March 2016 while my father's and other friend's was at February 2016 based on Samsung's device serial number. So I guess only the units manufactured sometime in March(or later) are having this issue. Even if I do one more replacement which is possible through Samsung service center only as of now I won't mostly likely get a unit manufactured at February or April and also there is no way to check the serial number without opening the box I guess.

It would be helpful if anyone knows whether there is a way to check the serial number without opening the box OR ask the personnel at service center to get me one manufactured at February or April. Will they have serial number information in their system for doing that?

Thanks for your reply


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Wr36fB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment