Friday, May 27, 2016

Can H811 Bootloader Be Re-Locked?

I'm stuck and confused:
  • Had a Nexus 4 and 5 for years. Decided to upgrade this past November to the LG G4 (T-Mobile H811)
  • Got it to root without touching the boot loader.
  • In came MM and then I had issues of repeating the process.
  • I came across a solution, to unlock my bootloader. So I did it and managed to get my G4 rooted while running stock LG MM (H81120i).
  • Everything was running well for several months, but then I started to see erratic behavior. It would heat-up in my pocket for no reason. It would not save pictures. Connections via WiFi and LTE were breaking up. All in all, I wasn't happy and I missed the stock Google interface.
  • So I've decided to install CM13. Had many issues of getting it to work for several days, which included persistent closings of Google Play services (and many others) and not being able to make/receive calls (it would automatically reboot) After several different attempts, I managed to get it all working. Cleared/Wiped everything off my internal drive, installed the "LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE" and "cm-13.0-201605xx-NIGHTLY-h811" and "open_gapps-arm64-6.0-nano-201605xx", all back to back. And then installed manual everything as needed Gmail, Maps, etc.
  • Everything worked great for about 2-days, until then next morning my screen locked up. Then the phone rebooted. After the reboot, it lasted for about 10-15 seconds in CM13 and rebooted again manually. Continued to reboot over and over, till it then stopped booting with CM13. I thought that maybe I needed to install the latest CM13 zip file, but found I couldn't get into recovery. The first reboot screen, showing "Bootloader State: Bootloader unlocked? and the LG logo would be in a loop. During that time, I could feel the phone getting hotter and hotter.
  • Sometimes, the phone would boot up into CM fully and last for 5 to 10 minutes. Then reboot again and stay in the first reboot screen.
  • I managed to get into TWRP recovery and thought that putting back the stock MRA58K image would help. During the install in recovery, the phone rebooted! I never thought it could do that. Eventually I got the stock LG back-up up and running, but it didn't help, and same rebooting occurred.
I'm stuck and out of options. I would like to get the phone BACK TO STOCK and then perform an RMA. I'm afraid that with the BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED that my RMA will be denied and I'm stuck with what I have.

So can the H811's bootloader be re-locked?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24caFGf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment