Friday, May 27, 2016

Mouse Connected using OTG Adapter but not showing pointer

Hi,
I have a OTG/MHL adapter which has 2 USB ports and 1 HDMI port along with other SD/MMC etc. The phone is displaying fine on TV.

However I have a broken screen/digitizer. This is the reason for creating the thread.

When I connect my wired mouse into any of the USB ports, it displays Mouse connected (connected to HDMI through to TV) but there is no pointer and no movement. RED LED is lit under Mouse to show power is drawn.

I have a LG G3 phone but unfortunately trying to connect to it doesn't work however I have another USB OTG Cable but it's only 1 connection. Micro USB to USB. IF I connect that to my LG phone along with my wired mouse then I see the pointer and I can control my phone. No issues.

My Broken phone android version is 4.4.x
The mouse is a new mouse but one of the cheap one from eBay. Bottom of the Mouse the Rating is 5V --- 100Ma
The OTG Adapter is another cheap one but it's always worked for me without any issues. However MAYBE, just maybe the reason it doesn't work is because the power input or DC is also 5V. Does that mean the mouse is taking all the power?

What I'm trying to achieve -
Enable WIFI so then I can remote control the device etc. I use the Broken phone for KODI.

Can I use any ADB commands to make it work? I don't have it rooted I don't think but I can start the phone in Recovery mode.

Any advice will help,

Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24cakmO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment