Friday, May 27, 2016

Moto G3: Hardware Composer Disabled?

I just discovered that my Moto G 3rd Gen has the HWC disabled. I am using a 5.1.1 osprey ROM, but I tested on a oficial OTA 6.0 (never moded phone) and I found the same result.

Basically, all the surface layers were being composed with GLES (GPU) no matter how many, or what properties.

I finally found out that Motorola did not enable MDP (The HWC of Qualcomm) in their ROMs. I fixed by (you need root):
Code:

su
setprop persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable 1
reboot

Any reason for that? Is that the case for older MotoGs? I personally find my phone quite smoother and faster now. And in theory should use less battery. Why is it disable?

Can anybody confirm if this helps you? Or if it is disabled?
You can check if it is disabled by doing:
Quote:

dumpsys SurfaceFlinger
If you see GLES in the layers' types, and the amount of layers is less than 4, it is disabled. (check inside any app, since there the layers will be 3 or less)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XWNwb4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment