Friday, May 27, 2016

Every (film) screen protector causes distortion on finger smudges?

I have tried three film (TPU) screen protectors so far: the IQShield, Zagg HD Dry, and theCoos one. Every single one appears nice and perfect and clear when the screen is off, or when it's on and I'm looking at a dark-to-medium background. However, when on a white background, any finger smudges I leave create a distortion on that smudge, like a little oil slick. Wiping them off makes it go away. The thing is, the naked screen doesn't do that. Yes, it collects smudges like hell, but they are visible only when the screen is off. When on, even over a light background, I see no distortion caused by my finger oils.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this specific effect. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it and knows what the he'll I'm talking about, or if I'm the only one OCD enough to notice. I'm also wondering why it happens-- is it a TPU thing? Will PET film behave differently? (I'm guessing tempered glass obviously would.) This has been driving me crazy - I wipe the screen clean every 3 seconds while in use and I'm growing ever more tempted to just tear the damn screen protector off and take my chances. :crying:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1U1NZ6b
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment