Saturday, July 30, 2016

GPS problem (Searching using GPS...)

Just recently, my Alpha 850M has a problem with "Searching using GPS" every time the GPS is turned on. I've tried tightening screws in the back but that didn't help.

I found a temporary fix, but the problem would come back. Here's what I did:

1. Turn on GPS
2. Open the GPS Status app
3. In the GPS Status app > Menu > Manage A-GPS State > Reset
4. Turn off GPS
5. Turn off GPS
6. Turn on GPS

Doing this stabilizes the GPS. While in the GPS Status app, I can jump directly to the Maps app (by notification bar shortcut) and this will retain a good GPS. However, if I exit (not quit) the GPS Status app to go home, then open the Maps app, GPS is lost again.

Within the GPS Status app, I can now toggle GPS off and on many times and GPS will remain functional. So, the problem is software related (and not hardware)? Any suggestions on a fix? I'm running KK on stock ROM with Nova.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aztn9Z
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment